SFDC campaign sync recovery

Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC campaign sync recovery

On a daily basis, we will have a number of leads that are members of Marketo programs (these programs are set to sync to SFDC campaigns) failing the SFDC campaign sync due to various reasons. Right now, to recover these campaign sync failures, we have to go into the individual Marketo program, either do a manual SFDC campaign sync; or through the manual "Lead Action" --> Add to SFDC Campaign --> add to a specific campaign. Since we have a lot of program-campaign pairs, it's taking quite a bit of time for us to figure out which program a lead belongs to, and then manually sync the corresponding SFDC campaign.

I'm just wondering if there's a better, faster and more automatic way to do this recovery. For example: build a campaign that check for every Marketo program A that is set to sync to an SFDC campaign B, if a lead is in A but not in B - add it to B.

3 REPLIES 3
Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: SFDC campaign sync recovery

Your best solution is to address the cause of the sync failures.  If the lead itself is failing to sync to SFDC (e.g. SFDC field validation rules that are preventing the lead from syncing) that would cause the program to not sync to the SFDC campaign and if so, you need to resolve those sync errors for the program/campaign sync to occur.  If the lead is successfully syncing to its SFDC Lead/Contact, it could be that there is a sync backlog and you need to wait for it to catch up - you'll need to work with Marketo tech support to determine this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Elliott.

In our case, we already resolved the root cause of the problems, which is the leads failing to sync to SFDC. Now the leads have already become SFDC Leads/Contacts. But there's no easy way for us to re-trigger the syncing of campaign members from multiple campaigns, even though we have waited a couple of days. (I guess if there's any backlog problem, it should already been cleared by a day or so.)

I already asked Marketo support, and the answer is: "The only way to get all of the leads to sync to their corresponding campaigns, would be to look at each SFDC campaign and determine why the leads aren't syncing - something isn't right there because leads should not be failing to sync like they are."

So perhaps there's actually no other workaround, except for going through each campaign individually.

Thanks anyway!

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I agree that the backlog should have definitely cleared after a couple of days.  Are other leads that are program members syncing to the SFDC campaigns?  Did you try using a Sync Lead to SFDC flow action on the affected leads to see if that would trigger the campaign sync? You might try changing the affected leads program member status to 'Not in Program' and after waiting say 20-30 minutes change the program member status back to what it was before and see if that triggers the sync.