Re: Trigger campaign - can run once in 24 hours

Lenhin89
Level 2

Trigger campaign - can run once in 24 hours

Hi, 

I've set up a few trigger campaigns with the settings allowing the same lead to flow once in 24 hours. Those triggers are part of the MQL model I've built.
My goal was to score the person once in 24 hours if he/she applied the same action multiple times (e.g. visited pricing page yesterday and got 5 points, revisited again in 2 days - got another 5 points).
But what I've noticed there are quite a few leads who qualified for the same campaign multiple times even though they didn't repeat the same action . Have I set up the trigger incorrectly? Any ideas why this doesn't work right? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

There could be number of possibilities here:

1. Do you have any other triggers added to the campaign that could have let people in?

2. If you’re using the contains constraint in the trigger - there could be a webpage (other than your pricing) which the person visited  that had same substring as that you have added in the contains constraint trigger.

3. Also, by any chance was this campaign set differently than present state before, which may have let people run through it?

Lastly, did the lead(s) in question qualified more than once in a period of 24 hours through the same campaign even with the qualification rules set to allow a person to run through the campaign once in 24 hours? Or, did they got qualified for the campaign upon different activities than the ones anticipated? I think it’s the latter, but just want to confirm.

ajavinash
Level 3

Hello,

I would suggest you to re-check your triggers and filters used in your Trigger smart campaign. Primarily check you smart list rule logic applied on your filters that could be allowing people to qualify multiple time.

Thanks,

Avinash Jadhav 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Have I set up the trigger incorrectly? Any ideas why this doesn't work right? 

Such questions are really hard to answer without even a screenshot of your setup! So please provide detailed visual info. And include the Activity Log for leads you say “didn’t repeat the same action.”

Darshil_Shah1

@Lenhin89, as Sandy notes can you please provide snapshots of your campaign setup and the activities which per you should not have qualified for the trigger campaigns? This'll help us find out what is causing the issue in one shot w/o having the need to anticipate what may be wrong. We're flying somewhat blind here.

Lenhin89
Level 2

Thanks, everyone for suggestions! I've reviewed the set up closely and the issue is resolved. 

Jo_Pitts1

@Lenhin89 ,

It'd be great to know what the issue was, so that others having a similar issue can see what you got wrong, and how you solved it.

Cheers

Jo