Trigger Activities with Explicit Filters

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger Activities with Explicit Filters

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a smart campaign that calls for a lead score to be increased whenever someone visits a web page on our site that contains the word "infographic."

I'm stuck because I want to ensure that pages with "infographics" (i.e., the plural version of the word) are not counted in this because that specifies an infographic repository, rather than an actual infographic.

I read in a few other discussions that Marketo does not support using quotation marks to ensure an explicit phrase. Not sure if this is still the case.

Maybe I'm just being dense because it was a long week, but any thoughts on this?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: Trigger Activities with Explicit Filters

Hi Ingrid,

Is "infographic" a directory - as in, maybe the URLs look like this: yourwebsite.com/infographic/...? If so, you could use 'contains' '/infographic/' instead, to avoid anything with the plural version.
If it's not possible to make that distinction, I'm afraid this sounds like it belongs in the Ideas section.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There's still probably a way to do this even if a dedicated "infographic" directly doesn't exist.  Let's say the URL is "www.mysite.com/services/infographic-cloud.html".  You could create a filter that says "if web page contains "www.mysite.com/services/infographic". 

We use infographics a lot as well.  But it's difficult to lead score (known) users unless you're asking them to fill out a form prior to viewing.  Otherwise, they're just anonymous users.  Although, maybe you have an audience of web visitors where you do know who they are.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Ingrid if you can't get what you want out of the built-in Visits Web Page trigger, you can trigger a Munchkin Clicked Link event when they're on one of your interesting pages. 

For example (off the top of my head):

if ( document.location.href.search(/infographic[^s]/i) !== -1 )
{
    Munchkin.munchkinFunction('clickLink', { href: '/visited-infographic-page' })
}

This checks the current URL for a specific match on infographic (must be without the "s") and then calls clickLink if it finds one.  Then your SC triggers on Clicked Link = '/visited-infographic-page'.

You can think of clickLink as sort of a browser-side hint about an Interesting Moment if you can't capture it using other means.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you do a smart list with two conditions(set as ALL):
1 Web page contains infographic
2 Web page not contains infographics

Just my $.02.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought of the double filter as well, explicitly setting a negative condition on the plural. 

But @Sanford's idea is interesting too, would give you more flexibility than standard filter conditions would.