SOLVED

Transition Rule not working

Go to solution
Erin_Cavanaugh
Level 3

Transition Rule not working

I have a simple nurture set up for a 'General Merchandise Engagement Program'

It is just 6 emails. I set up a second stream that I'm calling 'Recast.' I want the folks to be put into the 'Recast' stream if they didn't interact with any of the emails in the previous stream (I changed the subject lines)

It seems like I set it up wrong though. People are receiving Email #1 in the 2nd stream who already received Email #1 in the 1st stream. Yikes!

I attached screen shots of the streams, smart list, and flow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Transition Rule not working

Ohhhhh, I think I see the issue. They're being pulled into the recast stream after being sent the first email -- which would be expected based on what you've outlined. Anytime you list (6) emails in a statement, those are all OR statements -- not AND statements.

So your trigger is saying: If delivered email 1 OR email 2 OR email 3 OR email 4 OR email 5 OR email 6

And your filters are if not opened email 1 OR email 2.. and so on.

To resolve this, you'll want to list each of these out individually and ensure you're using ALL filters in your advanced logic.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they receive all six from stream 1, or are they going directly to stream 2 after they receive the first email.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Erin, Engagement Programs will only prevent someone from being sent the exact same email that they've already received -- although I'm not sure what the issue you're really experiencing here is. It looks like your trigger and transition rules are working to pull people into the Recast stream, so maybe a screenshot of the Content would be helpful here? And a description of exactly what you would expect to see.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Ohhhhh, I think I see the issue. They're being pulled into the recast stream after being sent the first email -- which would be expected based on what you've outlined. Anytime you list (6) emails in a statement, those are all OR statements -- not AND statements.

So your trigger is saying: If delivered email 1 OR email 2 OR email 3 OR email 4 OR email 5 OR email 6

And your filters are if not opened email 1 OR email 2.. and so on.

To resolve this, you'll want to list each of these out individually and ensure you're using ALL filters in your advanced logic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are right

Erin_Cavanaugh
Level 3

Thank you so much! I can't believe I missed that.

So each filter should really be its own line item so that it will truly encompass ALL of the criteria.