Traffic Cop Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Traffic Cop Campaign

What is the best way to set up a traffic cop campaign?  Especially in regards to a company that has multiple products.

Thanks,
Maddy
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Traffic Cop Campaign

What kind of campaign are you trying to do and what rules?

Is there a reason you wouldn't do the engagement programs (I'd gladly pick one of these over traffic cop anyday 🙂 )
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are many ways to do a traffic cop. You need to help us understand what you are trying to do?

Is this for nurturing? Routing leads?

Take a look at the traffic cop documentation. You will need one if you have multiple nutures unless there is a clear way to prevent leads from being in multiple nurtures. And by nurturing, I  mean "Engagements".

Traffic Cop - takes in all leads, says should I send X lead to X campaign? Checks to see if X is already being nurtured and then does whatever you want.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using engagement program is the preferred method for nurturing.  I would suggest you take a look at the documentation for Engagement programs and not Traffic Cop.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Josh,

Any idea where that traffic cop documentation can be found... I always have a hard time locating that sort of stuff on here.

We sat down with Marketo support at the Summit and they basically told us that a traffic cop was the best route for what we are trying to accomplish, as the Engagment program has some pretty severe limitations.

Anyway, without documentation I had to design something myself and it sucks nearly ALL of our Marketo resources when it runs and can only push about 15k leads through in 12 hours. It's pretty bad.

Any help would be nice!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ryan,

Most of the documentation for the old Traffic Cop appears to have been taken down.

The old Traffic Cop used many sister campaigns and smartlists: a master cop that listens for different events, gatekeepers for each track, and smartlists and smart campaigns galore.

You get more control but it is very complicated to implement. If you have additional questions, happy to take this offline: http://www.growthfusion.com/contact/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rajesh,

I was wondering if you could give me more insight about the old Traffic Cop; what makes it difficult to implement this system?  Thank you again for your help.

-Maddy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madison,

What are you trying to accomplish? I do not recommend that you implement the old Traffic Cop.  Is there a reason why the Engagement program does not meet your needs?

Thanks,
Cheryl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon Cheryl,

I am just putting together research that includes all different aspects of engagement programs; both the pros and cons.  Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you end up with any questions on Engagement program, please let me know.