Tracking the author of content easily

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking the author of content easily

Our organization recently set goals for every single person in our company to create content. That means we'll be tracking content from over 100 authors. Incentives will be given for 'Content Rock Stars' based on appropriate metrics for the type of content, such as most click throughs or highest converstion rate. This is wonderful. However, now we are trying to figure out the best way to track the authors and those metrics.

We know that we can compare an Excel list of content to a Marketo landing page report, however that involves a manual step. Can anyone think of way to tag the author of a certain landing page so that it shows up on the Marketo analytics report or using Google Analytics? I'd be curious if there is something I'm overlooking. Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tracking the author of content easily

You could add URL Paramaters containing the author's name to each link in the actual piece of content. If the lead completes a form on the next page, that data will be captured in a hidden form. It might be too manual to add URL paramaters to every link included on the piece of content, however.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I would have everyone use the standard means of author attribution in the head of each page: <LINK rel="author" href="careyp"> (this won't be entered automatically, though once they enter it, if they clone previous content it would already be there).

Then have Munchkin (in your template code, again a one-time entry) send a custom page name that's something like author + "/" + title.  

Then when you run a report you would see

careyp/The Earnestness Of Being Important
jthomas/The Jail of Reading

etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for those answers. They are a little over my head, but I think that with the help of our web developer I can make it work. I really appreciate it!