Re: Tracking "Engaged" in Call Campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking "Engaged" in Call Campaigns

It's an old question, but I'm still searching for the best way around it: how do you get your Inside Sales and/or Sales teams to notify you/Marketo when someone becomes "engaged" from a telemarketing campaign?

We're thinking of adding a field on the Activity level that maps to the Lead/Contact level in SFDC, but how do we ensure that the Activity the sales person is opening is actually as a result of a campaign, and what if that person is a member of multiple campaigns? I'm trying to figure out a way for my SFDC to communicate as clearly as possible.

What are you guys doing to track this? Having them update the lead/contact on the Campaign Member level? I'm trying to make it as easy on my guys as possible so that they actually do it!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about this for an idea?

You could have the Marketo Telemarketing Program 'Create a Task' for all the targets in the Telemarketing Program. Ask the sales team to keep the task in status: 'In Progress' until they Engage with the person. The Smart List for the Smart Campaign that would update the program status to Engaged could listen for the task (with the subject line you pre-determined when you created the task) to be marked 'Completed.' You could use a date constraint so that you only updated the status if the task was marked 'Completed' before the date of the last day of the campaign. After the last day of the campaign you could either systematically close all the tasks still 'In Progress,' or ask the sales team to mark the rest of their In Progress tasks completed. I don't think the status field on tasks in salesforce is configurable, but if it were you could use a different status.

I understand this idea requires you to identify all the targets for the call campaign in advance. If you don't normally do that, you could accomplish the same thing by giving the sales group the name of the campaign to reference in the description of their tasks associated with the specific Telemarketing campaign that you're currently running.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So many ways to skin this cat. Does your tele team use statuses? If so, you may be able to use those statuses to measure success.

For example, when they are calling, do they put a lead in a status like "Attempting Contact?" If they actually progress the lead, would you consider that a Success? Maybe they use some link of  "Connected" or "Verified" status?

If above is true, you could use a Change Data Value trigger based on Lead Staus changing to a new staus of "verified"

Of course, if the list contains a bunch of Contacts, this process might not work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your input! Unfortunately, most of our call campaigns are done to Contacts, not Leads (and we don't have statuses on Contacts except for Lifecycle Status), and we usually know the accounts we're targeting, but not the individual contacts. Right now, we are just having them use the naming convention of "Engaged" in the subject when they create the activity, but doing the name of the campaign would make sure they get "Engaged" credit for the right campaign - although I'm not sure I could convince them to remember campaign names 🙂 I think we're on the right track though...
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could possibly use a campaign status of "engaged" - vs. contact stuatus.