SOLVED

Tracking Progressive Profiling Success?

Go to solution
John_Westley
Level 4

Tracking Progressive Profiling Success?

Hi everyone,

We have a marketing objective to use progressive profiling to increase the geographical information on our leads.

To track the success of this I've set up a smart list, but I think there's a lot of room for misinterpretation of the list and would love some input on a more elegant solution.

Here's my smart list:

1. Filled our form
    • Date of Activity = After, Today
  2. Data value changed
    • Attribute = City
    • Previous Value = empty
    • New Value = not empty
    • Date of Activity = After, Today

* Use All Filters

My concern is that the two interactions are necessarily connected. Is there a better way to write this list? Or should I be using another Marketo feature to track this objective?

For example, if someone buys something on our eCommerce platform or a sales person populates new info and that person also filled out a form then it would be a false positive.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Tracking Progressive Profiling Success?

Hi John,

I've been thinking about this issue, and the only possible thing I can think to connect the two would be the Source or Reason constraint in the Data Value Changed filter.

Basically, you'll want to look at a lead record that had the Data Value Change activity logged because they filled out the form the way you want them too.  Then you'll look at the actual activity details and see what the Source or Reason is listed as, and you can use that in your filter.  This should be something like Filled Out Form, and by using that in the Data Value Changed filter you can connect the two.

Only leads that had the change come from a form would qualify.

John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi John,

I've been thinking about this issue, and the only possible thing I can think to connect the two would be the Source or Reason constraint in the Data Value Changed filter.

Basically, you'll want to look at a lead record that had the Data Value Change activity logged because they filled out the form the way you want them too.  Then you'll look at the actual activity details and see what the Source or Reason is listed as, and you can use that in your filter.  This should be something like Filled Out Form, and by using that in the Data Value Changed filter you can connect the two.

Only leads that had the change come from a form would qualify.

John

John_Westley
Level 4

John good direction.

The Reason works well because you can specify which landing page URL.

Thank you!