SOLVED

Re: Tracking origin of leads

Go to solution
Anurag
Level 2

Tracking origin of leads

We have a lot of leads on our database that are not active or not assigned to any mailing list. Our company has multiple brands under it and we would like to know what brand these leads belong to. 

I have tried checking the "Person Source" field, and a lot of them have been imported through List Imports. 

1) Is it possible to determine who made those list imports? (If we get to know who made them, possibly through the Audit Trail functionality), it might be possible to assign them to one of the brands under our company.

I have also found the "Aquisition Program Name" field to be useful. But even then all the leads don't have that field filled out.

2) Any suggestions on other fields I can look into which might hold some clue as to how these leads were imported (or what brands these leads may belong to) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Person was Created activity in the Activity Log has a List Name property indicating the (Static) List into which they were originally imported (only for those whose source was List Import, obviously).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tiffany_Scott
Level 1

Assuming a lead could only belong to one company and that you have Salesforce, you could possibly look at the Salesforce campaign and/or lead owner. After purging the inactive leads from Marketo, it sounds like you could make a simple checkbox field for each brand that could help with data management in the future. Best of luck!

Tiffany Scott
SanfordWhiteman

The Person was Created activity in the Activity Log has a List Name property indicating the (Static) List into which they were originally imported (only for those whose source was List Import, obviously).

Anurag
Level 2

Thank you, I was able to find identifiers in the activities' "Detail" section.

As a follow up question, is there any way to query these details in a smart list? So that I can filter those that contain certain keywords in the activity details?

(Another post suggested that this should be done through API, is there a way to do it otherwise?)

SanfordWhiteman

Filter Person was Created, constraint List Name [contains].

Anurag
Level 2

That worked! 
Is there any way to show this as a column in the "People" section (Because there are too many members to check each one manually). I tried "Original List Source" and "Source Detail" columns but they aren't the right ones as they don't have the name of the list that originally created these people.

SanfordWhiteman

Unfortunately, no.