SOLVED

Tracking Marketo Program Membership on the Person level

Go to solution
cdebrincat
Level 1

Tracking Marketo Program Membership on the Person level

Howdy!

My company has recently detached our Marketo Instance from SFDC in order to clean up the sales pipeline, and along with that we lost some ability to see all SFDC Campaigns that a person was a part of. I was wondering if anyone had experience or a solution for tracking program membership on the personal level inside Marketo.

I am trying to something similar to what the SFDC Campaigns field does:

I've been trying to create a custom person object called "Program History" and I want to have it trigger off any time a person gets added to a new program.

SFDC Campaign field examples.png

If anyone has had success in something similar to this I would love to learn some tips on making a field like this work in only Marketo.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking Marketo Program Membership on the Person level

You can maintain a history field by triggering on Program Status is Changed and appending {{trigger.name}} to the field using Change Data Value. (In that context, {{trigger.name}} will be the name of the program.)

More history field-related tips in this thread: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/creating-a-new-line-program-token-to-organize-a-hi....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman

You can maintain a history field by triggering on Program Status is Changed and appending {{trigger.name}} to the field using Change Data Value. (In that context, {{trigger.name}} will be the name of the program.)

More history field-related tips in this thread: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/creating-a-new-line-program-token-to-organize-a-hi....

SanfordWhiteman

Additional notes:

1. You’ll want to constrain on the Old Status to make sure you don’t append to the field if the person was already in the program.

2. If someone is removed from the program (New Status = Not in Program) you may wish to remove that entry from the history field. But that requires a webhook-enabled service; Marketo cannot “prune” the value in a Change Data Value step.