Tracking marketing campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking marketing campaigns

We started using the new Marketo forms with our campaigns as they give you an easy way to track and read the UTM parameters from a URL. However, if the lead lands on the landing page but instead of signing up with its form goes onto browsing our website and decides to sign up with a form on another page the UTMs in the URL get lost and we cannot track them anymore.

Can anyone advise what is the best way of ensuring we always get the tracking data in Marketo even if in cases like that?

Appreciate your help community!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tracking marketing campaigns

Mirek,

There are some threads on this here. The suggestion is to get javascript on the pages to pass the parameters to other pages.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back on that Josh. You haven't posted any threads though 🙂 and I couldn't find any. I was considering writing a JS script that would save the URL values to cookies and use Forms 2.0 to colect those values from the cookie file. This way the values would be preserved throughout the whole session of the lead, so whenever the lead decides to sign up the Form 2.0 would still collect these values.

What do you think about this solution? Do you see any downside here? Also could you please provide some links to the threads on the topic? I would be very greatful.

Regards
Mirek
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries, Josh. Found a thread on the topic here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PTmsAAG