SOLVED

Re: Tracking LinkedIn InMail (open/clicks) back to Marketo?

Go to solution
Sean_Tierney2
Level 3

Tracking LinkedIn InMail (open/clicks) back to Marketo?

Hi,

When sending LinkedIn Sponsor InMail to a known individual you targeted from Marketo (via AdBridge audience match), should you expect to see their opens/clicks within that InMail come back to that Marketo person record as some sort of social activity?? or would that happen only if person subsequently fills out a form...LinkedIn Lead Gen form or Marketo page/form?

I've crawled through the documentation both in Marketo and LinkedIn and can't seem find a definitive answer...hope I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The original post is here but as you’ll see in the comments, the Munchkin API method no longer exists. Now, you’d pass the person’s Email Address in the query string and perform a hidden form post.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

hey Sean,

That'd be a nice feature but I haven't heard of anything like that before. Generally speaking AdBridge is a nice way of creating lists in the places you advertise, but once the list is deployed AdBridge doesn't have any role in social/ad listening.

SanfordWhiteman

Far as I know, you can send any link you want via Sponsored InMail.

So while the links will not be automatically rewritten to bounce off the Marketo tracking server (as they would be with a Marketo-generated email) you can include identifying information that has the same final outcome, that is, they don't have to fill out a form. Use a method like this one: Tracking clicks from non-Marketo email sends

NFV_APV
Level 2

Hey Sandy, is this still possible to do? That lnk is dead and the wayback machine doesnt have it either!

SanfordWhiteman

The original post is here but as you’ll see in the comments, the Munchkin API method no longer exists. Now, you’d pass the person’s Email Address in the query string and perform a hidden form post.