Re: Tracking link clicks per user

Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Tracking link clicks per user

How do I set up a report for a specific email that tracks which user clicks on which link?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Ande You can easliy setup an Email Performance report for tracking Clicks:- Create new local asset>Report> Select report type Email Performance> under Smart List tab, create filter "Clicked Link in Email> Define constraint "Link is". For tracking leads who clicked on the link:- Create a smart list>Define same filters as mentioned above> in Leads tab you can view the Leads.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was helpful for when I want to know about one and only one link. But I'm not smart enough to figure how to use this to track multiple links in an email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using Marketo for a few years, but haven't figured this one out either. If I have 4 links in an emails, how can I get a report that 1) lists each link and then 2) for each link lists every recipient who clicked on it? (Or, vice versa, how can I get a report that A) lists each user and B) then lists the links they clicked on it?) The use-case here is partner recruitment. I send out a email to xxx number of potential partners. While I can check the activity log of each individual, it's more than a little tedious. The link performance report will tell me that 26 people clicked on a link, but I haven't figured out how to generate a list of who those 26 people are (for example). It could be that I'm over thinking this, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Andrew,

The Analytics reports are more focused on the number of leads that performed an action, and less on who those leads are.  If you want to see which leads clicked a specific link in your email, you can do with with a Clicked Link In Email filter in a smart list.  You can then add a constraint to the filter with the specific link value, and the list will give you all the leads that clicked that one link.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I appreciate that you took the time to reply, I'm puzzled by your response. I already knew everything you wrote. It's ok that the answer to my question is "Sorry, Marketo can't do that." Did you mean to belittle my use case?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Not at all.  I wanted to make all the options for finding the data you want clear.

It may not have shown me all of the previous responses, which prevented me from seeing what others had already said.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too bad Marketo can't do this.

(Imagine how powerful it would be if after sending out an email with 4 links, I was able to give my Sales people a single report that showed what each user clicked on. Wow! Imagine having that info when making follow up calls. In fact, it's such a powerful, useful thing, I'm not going to give looking for a solution.)