Tracking Landing Pages with Google Analytics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Landing Pages with Google Analytics

We were using our own landing pages, but we're about to switch over to Marketo landing pages.

Can anyone point me in the direction for tracking the Marketo landing pages in Google Analytics?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking Landing Pages with Google Analytics

Just add the google tracking code to your landing page templates and you are good to go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jamie, is it just the template, or each individual landing pages?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Place the code on your template.  For us, we place a single snippet of code (Google Tag Manager) on our Marketo templates - and then every landing page includes the necessary tracking code (Marketo, GA, DemandBase, etc.)

Lalida_Sriyords
Level 3

We've done this as well and it's worked great for us!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

But what comparison are you doing to determine that you are not losing Munchkin hits?  Please read my post above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have implemented a Google Analytics code to my Marketo landing page template. Looking the analytics from the past month, I see a huge gap between Google Analytics reporting and Marketo landing page reporting. The latter has nearly twice as many views. Why might this be?

Btw, I am not using Google Tag Manager.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fully technical...

1. Add the GA code as provided to your templates in design studio; this will ensure it shows on all pages

2. Even better, use Google Tag Manager which will allow you to make multiple changes to your tags as well as add new tags without needing to touch your templates ever again.

Ben

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Loading Munchkin via GTM is firmly not advised. It's a great way to lose analytics hits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? Can you expand upon this? Since we have been doing it since 2014 with no issues noted by our Marketo expert?