SOLVED

Re: Tracking form clicks?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking form clicks?

Our web pages have a calendar booking form and I am wondering how I would track the amount of clicks we are getting on that form.  Or better, who is clicking those forms, is there a way to do this in Marketo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If by "click" you mean "submit" then, if you can capture the Submit event, you can easily log a Munchkin event.

However, not all forms libraries make this easy.

You will need to show an actual URL with the form.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

If by "click" you mean "submit" then, if you can capture the Submit event, you can easily log a Munchkin event.

However, not all forms libraries make this easy.

You will need to show an actual URL with the form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this link, Add Munchkin Tracking Code to Your Website - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation,

which seems helpful but I don't know how to edit the code of the Marketo microsite that hosts the form.  When I click edit draft, it doesn't give me an option to touch the Javascript Code.  Is there a way to do track the submits in the form  some other way? Or can I log an event into Munchkin with just the embed code that Marketo gives me from the form?

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Noah,

You can't modify a landing page's HTML / Javascript, but you can modify the code for the template it's based on. If you click "Landing Pages" and then "Templates" in Design Studio, you should be able to "Edit Draft" for the template. Then, if a landing page in Marketo is based on that template, the custom code will be applied.

This does mean that you will need a new Marketo landing page template for each page you have with different custom code, but it should be able to do what you are looking to do. Sanford is the expert on the code side!

SanfordWhiteman

Again, you must provide a URL with your 3rd-party form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thank you.