SOLVED

Tracking Bing Advertising

Go to solution
Mark_Farnell
Level 5

Tracking Bing Advertising

So a search for bing just gave me loads of Adwords results.  How does anyone track BingAds?  I'd like to use the same landing page but pass across bing as the lead source and the associated terms/campaigns to Marketo/Salesforce using the fields I have set up for Adwords.

Can I do this from a single landing page or do i need different landing pages for bing?

On a related note, do I need separate landing pages for UK/US ads to track correctly?  Thats for Adwords and Bing.

Would I really need 4 different landing pages?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking Bing Advertising

Mark, you can use the URL parameters to track both Bing and Adwords on the same page.  In principle, you should never need two Marketo landing pages with identical content.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hey Mark,

I'm so glad you posted this because I'm getting ready to advertise through Bing.  My approach would be to create a different landing page (2 for A/B testing) per ad group. I have different landing pages for the  Google adgroups.  We also have linkedin ads that have 2 different landing pages depending on which managing director is posting to their Linkedin Group.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark, you can use the URL parameters to track both Bing and Adwords on the same page.  In principle, you should never need two Marketo landing pages with identical content.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Steven made a good point about not having Marketo landing pages with identical content.  
Mark_Farnell
Level 5

thanks for the pointer on the URL parameters.  will investigate.  However, will I need different pages for American English/English, or could I use segmentation based on onferred IP/source (e.g. google .com vs google.co.uk).  Not used the segmentation features yet so not sure.