Track leads who hit communication limits

Lindsay_Walter
Level 1

Track leads who hit communication limits

Hi- My company has increased our communication limits in our instance. I want to track how many of our leads are hitting communication limits daily/weekly to help establish any discernible patterns over time. What is the best way to do this?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Track leads who hit communication limits

There's no report that you can run (though it has been close-to-lusted after for years).

2 closely-related workarounds are directly querying email activity/inactivity in a given period (based on emails expected to be sent), and using the same filters to change Program Status to a special value of Skipped.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yo can get the activities of the leads using the Send EMail activity (activity id for Email Send Acivity: 6), you can use the time-frame in which you wish to check for the communication limits in generating the Pagination token and pass that pagination token as the parameter to the Get Activities endpoint along with activity id of the email send i.e. 6 as the 2 parameters:

This approach will give you the JSON response you must use some sort of JSON parser (use org.json library if you're using JAVA) to extract the number of emails sent to each lead and check if the number of emails sent to the leads exceed your communication limit. Of-course this logic is a work-around and expects you to write the custom code for the same.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This doesn't answer the question of how to detect Communication Limit-related inactivity. It's no different from creating a SL in the UI.

msivaraman
Level 1

Hello Lindsay,

I hope you are doing good. I have come across the same question in the past and I was able to track the number of records by creating a smartlist. Please refer to the document that I have written in the past which would help you in tracking the list of leads hitting the communication limit. 

Regards,

Siva

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

This is the smart list approach as discussed by me and @SanfordWhiteman