SOLVED

Tokens to Pull email, phone , etc From "Account Team" in SalesForce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tokens to Pull email, phone , etc From "Account Team" in SalesForce

Hi,

Marketo noob here, and just hoping I can get some advice on this one.

I'm trying to use tokens in Marketo to pull fields from a company user (employee) within SalesForce for an "Account Team" object we've created.  (It shows who is the Sales Person, Engagement Person, etc.)

Problem:  In Maketo - Tokens will only hit the campaign/account/lead levels.  (So I could grab account.salesperson to get their name... but I can't reach account.salesperson.email to get their email)

One solution I don't want to do:  Create fields in SalesForce at the account level that pull the employee's e-mail/phone #/etc into the SalesForce Account level - as this seems unnecessary. 

Is there a way to have Marketo pull fields from areas outside of the campaign/account/lead areas?  

Ideally - I would direct Marketo to look at: account.accountteam.salesperson.(phone/email/etc.) 

Sorry if the explanation is confusing! 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: Tokens to Pull email, phone , etc From "Account Team" in SalesForce

Eric, this is not easy to do in Marketo. We generally can't sync Custom Objects that link one standard object (Account) to another standard object (User). Even if you would be able to sync it, our email scripting - the technique to pull data from a custom object into an email - does not support Custom Objects linked via Account (only via Lead/Contact). 

The only solution today is to create custom fields on the Account object, populated in SFDC by a workflow or trigger (I realize, this is the solution that you ideally don't want to do). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Eric,

First, don't apologize. This is a great question and it may be hard to resolve (or easy).

Second, Marketo does have things like {{lead.Lead Owner}} or {{lead.Account Owner}} with the user's details from SFDC.

Third, your custom object may not be synced properly. Go to Admin > SFDC > Object Sync to view the object and what is inside Marketo. Then see if you can get it to display the right values for the lead record. Ask Support to help if the right data isn't appearing.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Eric, this is not easy to do in Marketo. We generally can't sync Custom Objects that link one standard object (Account) to another standard object (User). Even if you would be able to sync it, our email scripting - the technique to pull data from a custom object into an email - does not support Custom Objects linked via Account (only via Lead/Contact). 

The only solution today is to create custom fields on the Account object, populated in SFDC by a workflow or trigger (I realize, this is the solution that you ideally don't want to do).