Re: Tokens in unsubscribe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tokens in unsubscribe

Am I able to add an email token to the unsubscribe section of an email?

I would like to add "This email was sent to [email address]", so when someone unsubscribes from an email, but they have been forwarded the email/have two email addresses. I'll know who to unsubscribe in the system so they don't get sent an email again.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are able to add this token, however even if the email gets forwarded through the email client, the original email address will still appear.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thomas hit it -- the email will show who it was originally sent to by Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly what i want it to show.  I tried this earlier and it didn't work, but I'll try again.

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alicia, did it work? I too am wondering if I can put {{lead.Email Address}} into the unsubscribe text.

==EDIT==

Worked for me: I used...

This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address:default=your email address}}. 
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I would also like to add the email address token in the unsubscribe text. However, when I added the email address token it passed the token text rather than the Leads' email address. Is it just not possible to use token in the global unsubscribe?

Thanks,

Conor
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you add "{Lead.Email Address}} to our unsubscribe footer it should work.

This is what our code looks like in our unsubscribe HTML blurb in the admin section. I hope this helps

<p align="center" style="font-family: Helvetica; color: #45555f;"><font size="1"><br><a href="[email preference center link]">Edit your email preferences</a> | <a href="[unsubscribe page link]">Unsubscribe</a>. <br> This email was sent to: {{Lead.Email Address}}</p></center>
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Thanks Alicia, I will give this a shot.