SOLVED

Trigger on Custom Field

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger on Custom Field

Our company has been using a custom field checkbox titled “Contact Me – Sales” where on some forms we ask if the visitor would like someone to contact them.  I’m creating a new program right now where we are offering a free brochure in exchange for a form submission. We would like to also add the “Contact Me – Sales” custom field to this form and IF someone checks it, a sales rep alert will be emailed to the appropriate rep.

The issue is, since some leads may NOT check this box, however they could have checked it on another form days, weeks or months ago, a sales rep alert will be triggered. Is there anyway to make the alert email send ONLY when the lead literally checks the box on this specific form? So, instead of the trigger being activated by a data set, it needs to be activated by an action.

The “data value changed” option doesn’t work as the data value may not have changed (I could have checked the box on this form, but I already checked it on another form weeks ago, therefore my data value did not change).

Any help would be MUCH appreciated! I hope I’m making sense here lol.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Re: Trigger on Custom Field

Keller,

Instead of a field, use a link that says "contact me." When the user clicks on that link, direct them to a landing page that says a rep will reach out shortly. Simultaneously, you can have a trigger that alerts a rep when someone clicked on the link. Last, in the alert email to the rep, I used a direct link to the lead with tokens: https://eu1.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC Id}}

-Conor

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Keller,

Instead of a field, use a link that says "contact me." When the user clicks on that link, direct them to a landing page that says a rep will reach out shortly. Simultaneously, you can have a trigger that alerts a rep when someone clicked on the link. Last, in the alert email to the rep, I used a direct link to the lead with tokens: https://eu1.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC Id}}

-Conor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Conor. I sure do appreciate the quick response :). I mentioned that to the team and they like the idea!
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is where I use a field like "Rep Trigger Code" where when the value is populated or changed it would send an alert which can then be filtered by the code value.

E.g.    
true
true+brochure
true+whitepaper+security

etc. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeffrey,
I am not familiar with the "Rep Trigger Code" field. Can you explain this to me, please? Thank you :).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Keller,

Is this custom field synched to SFDC or just solely used in Mkto?

Another option would be to use a different field and label it Contact Sales and have everything fire like you are planning. Then, you could have a simple data management type of Campaign where you update the real Contact Sales field if it is not checked, or leave it alone if already checked. 

I would suggest NULLing this field out after a submission moving forward so you can avoid situations like these. You can always create an Interesting Moment to let the rep know how many times the field has been checked if it is synched to SFDC.

Hope that made sense!
Anonymous
Not applicable

My suggestion of a "Rep Trigger Code" is a custom field that you could populate based on the url that the form was on so that you could add additional criteria like sending a brochure. 

Basically if (Form) is filled out (on Page Url) then filter on has filter of  ("contact me" = TRUE) then Data Value ("Rep Trigger Code" = contact+brochure)

If the smae form was filled out on a diffrent page but you are pomosing the white paper then you would do the same thing with a different page url and update the custom field to be contact+whitepaper

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, everyone! I appreciate your help.