SOLVED

Tokens in Calender Event Token not Working

Go to solution
carolin-dirks
Level 1

Tokens in Calender Event Token not Working

Dear all,

I'm facing the issue that the calendar event token offers the option adding another token into the description area. But if I'm adding {{member.webinar url}} into the calender event token it's never added. By sending an E-Mail the token name is still displayed and isn't replaced by any content.

Without this functionality I'm not able to provide my registrants unique links for attending a GoToWebinar event.

carolin-dirks_2-1599747038691.png

Looking forward to your solutions and support.

Many thanks!

Carolin

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Re: Tokens in Calender Event Token not Working

Although you have mentioned that you are sure it'll work. however, this token will work with live emails (Not in sample draft) and make sure program is connected with webinar ID. 

It should have been working if you are checking in live email. 

Abhinav Saini

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The first question I'd ask is whether you tested including the {{member.webinar url}} in the body of that same email at the exact same time — that is, are you sure the token was populated at all at the time?

But overall you'd have a much better outcome if you used Agical (see https://blog.teknkl.com/tag/agical) to create your ICS files. There's an upcoming Champion blog post about Agical (by @Amy_Goldfine) as well.

carolin-dirks
Level 1

I'm sure that the {{member.webinar url}} is already populated by sending the email and I'm also sure, that the contacted person is contained in the registration list (form-fulfilled) of the program. Within the email I have another CTA button with a direct link to {{member.webinar url}}. There I can reach the target URL without any problems.

The {{member.webinar url}} is used in a calendar event and the calendar event is embedded into the same email body. It seems that any other tokens besides {{member.webinar url}} weren't replaced by content as well.

carolin-dirks_0-1599806202669.png

Many thanks for sharing https://blog.teknkl.com/tag/agical! I'll check it in detail.

Tags (1)
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Although you have mentioned that you are sure it'll work. however, this token will work with live emails (Not in sample draft) and make sure program is connected with webinar ID. 

It should have been working if you are checking in live email. 

Abhinav Saini
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm sure that the {{member.webinar url}} is already populated by sending the email

But your screenshot shows the opposite: it shows the token name {{member.webinar url}} and not its interpolated value.

Do also follow Abhinav's note that you need to use a real email, not a sample. And also note the Calendar {{my.token}} and the Program {{member.webinar url}} must both be present in the token context used by the Send Email flow step.