Tokens for email templates sent via Outlook plugin

JodiWright96
Level 2

Tokens for email templates sent via Outlook plugin

Hello!

I am building several email templates for my Sales team to send through Outlook via the plugin. We also use Dynamics 365 and have that plugin as well. I am doing some testing, and the tokens are not pulling in the information. This is the process I'm following:

1. In Outlook, click "Marketo Message" and select template, and click OK
  2. Type in the email address in TO box and click Dynamics 365 button and select the appropriate record in the CRM
  3. Click Send & Track with Marketo. This pulls up a preview of the email, but the tokens aren't pulling in the information. When I send it, the tokens still aren't pulling in the information.

Is there a step I'm missing? Or do tokens not work with the plugin?

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tokens for email templates sent via Outlook plugin

And if you right-click on a lead in Marketo and click “Send Email”, are the results different?
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Tokens for email templates sent via Outlook plugin

You are talking about Program Tokens aka. {{my}}-Tokens, right? And if I remember correctly this is indeed a limitation of the MSI plugin. You can't have Program Tokens in your Sales Email.

What you can do though is request campaigns from MSI that send emails. These emails - which are now standard Marketo emails and not Sales emails do work with Program Tokens.

Michael_Florin_0-1638889372805.png

But this is a screenshot from Salesforce. I assume it's the same in Dynamics, but probably not applicable to the Outlook plugin.