Token Wait Time

Pieter_Leeflan1
Level 2

Token Wait Time

Hi everyone,

I'm playing with an idea of improving the way to adjust for time zone email sends but have run into a problem.

I know there is the ability to use date tokens but this will be a bit different.

I've segmented our instance into US times zones(EST, CST, MST, PST, AKST, and HST).

The idea is to create a wait time value based on their time zone (a data norm campaign would assign a value). the Values would be EST=0, CST=1, MST=2, PST=3, AKST=4, and HST=6. The wait step value would be "{{lead.Time Zone Wait}} hours" (this is where I'm hung up). I tested it and a token value doesn't work. Does anyone know a way I can tokenize a numerical value for a wait step?

Or am I going to have to have submit this as an idea and let Marketo sit on it?

Cheers,

Pieter

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Token Wait Time

Hi Pieter,

I am afraid there is no much of a solution here.

The idea already exists, under various forms

-Greg

Pieter_Leeflan1
Level 2

Thanks for pointing these ones out. Looks like the one that is like mine was partially taken care of, however, the part that was the most awesome wasn't taken care of.  Nobody else can vote on it either, so nothing else will be done about it.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

How about...

2016_10_21_01_07_32_Marketo_Lab_wait_step_tests_Flow_Marketing_Activities[1].png

Pieter_Leeflan1
Level 2

Yeah that's a good trick I've used a lot. I'm trying to make it a little more simple so new Marketo users don't have to deal with so many flow steps. It would be so much more simple if each lead had their own custom wait time from a Token value. You could use it is more applications than just this one.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hopefully, you will not have the whole world to cover and do it again in each of your Smart campaigns

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

True, but I don't do it this way in production anyway.  I use a webhook.