SOLVED

Token Suport in Self Service Flow Steps

Go to solution
JamesBaird
Level 1

Token Suport in Self Service Flow Steps

Hi, 

I have been trying to implement a flow step service using the documentation outlined here

The documentation clearly states you can use my.tokens in the flowstep context. I have tried many times to do this and have found the tokens to not populate and instead the raw string token key is passed. Below is the payload that is received by my service from Marketo in a 201 POST request.

JamesBaird_0-1655030608546.png

Given that this is a relatively new feature to Marketo I am potentially thinking this may be a bug? 

Here is my declaration in the getServiceDefinition.

JamesBaird_1-1655030713671.png

When I create the service in Marketo I can see that I am giving permission to use my token context. 

Please may someone from the team assist me in understanding how this is to be properly used?

Many thanks,

James Baird

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Token Suport in Self Service Flow Steps

@JamesBaird , I've not played with self service yet, but some really dumb question(s) to get us started.

1. Have you confirmed that the tokens names are 100% correct (capitalisation etc).
  2. What type of tokens are these?  Are these velocity tokens?  Text tokens etc?
  3. Do the tokens exist in the program you are calling the self service step from?

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_Crickmore
Level 1

@JamesBaird Did you get an answer to this? Has anyone had any experience with this?

JamesBaird
Level 1

Hi Luke, no i have not had a response. 

Perhaps we can ask @SanfordWhiteman , if he would be kind enough to have a look. 

Many thanks.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@JamesBaird , I've not played with self service yet, but some really dumb question(s) to get us started.

1. Have you confirmed that the tokens names are 100% correct (capitalisation etc).
  2. What type of tokens are these?  Are these velocity tokens?  Text tokens etc?
  3. Do the tokens exist in the program you are calling the self service step from?

Cheers

Jo

JamesBaird
Level 1

Thanks Jo, 

Not sure what happened here.
When I was testing this a year ago I did not work. Now it seems to work fine. It could have been an issue with capitalisation or spelling, however I do recall checking and rechecking but still getting this bug. Maybe it was resolved in the last 12 months!!

JamesBaird_0-1692025669236.pngJamesBaird_1-1692025754025.png

JamesBaird
Level 1

Hi Jo,

We are experiencing some further issues in setting up a Flow Step Service and were wondering if you could assist. 

• myTokenContext : A list of strings used to indicate which My Token values from the executing context should be sent upon invocation. The list should be formatted without brackets or prefix. e.g. A token from the UI called "{{my.Event Date}}" would be requested as "Event Date"

According to the Provider interface Adobe have provided myTokenContext should allow us to set which My Token values should be sent by Marketo whenever the flow step is triggered.

In Practice we can’t get this to work. We can pass tokens in the flow step inputs we define, however we are expecting the tokens defined in the myTokenContext array to always be passed in the payload object, without having the manually pass them. Presumably there would be an object in the payload for myTokenContext, however this is missing.

Example myTokenContext.

"myTokenContext": [

"Event Date",

"Event Address"

]

Are you able to provide us with any guidance on what the issue may be?

Many thanks