Re: Token for name of person who sent an email via forward to a friend?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Token for name of person who sent an email via forward to a friend?

Is there a field or a way to create/populate a field that we could use as a token to show the name of a person who forwarded an email to their friend using Marketo's forward to a friend functionality?

We would like to send a subscription center email to any new names in our database acquired via forward to a friend. We would that email to say something like, "Bob (populated with a field token) recently forwarded you one of our emails, we hope you enjoyed it...."

4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Sarah,

There isn't currently a token that would allow you to do what you described.  The F2F information is captured as an activity in a lead's record, but the name and email address values do not get stored in a field on the leads record, which is what would be required for a token to work.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, John. Is this functionality something Marketo would consider adding in a future release?

John_Clark1
Level 10

I like the idea, and I'd encourage you to either add it as an idea here in the community, or add your voice to a similar idea if there is one started already.

The product managers do pay attention to those.  In fact, we got a sneak peak today of some of the new features being released in the next few months.  Very exciting!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sarah, I've been working on a pretty cool method that makes this possible. It's still NSFC (Not Suitable For Community) as I'm working on the full recipe, but if you're interested you can contact me directly (sandy@figureone.com).