Tips for Recreating Engagement Programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tips for Recreating Engagement Programs

Hi all,

For a variety of reasons that I won't bore you with, I will be recreating our engagement programs next month. As I (gulp) delete the old programs and create new ones, what tips, suggestions, or considerations should I keep in mind?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Tips for Recreating Engagement Programs

- Make sure you keep whatever history you want. Are you archiving or deleting?
- If you're moving the content to the new streams, I think they would receive it again (maybe if you named the new program exactly the same it wouldn't but not sure)
- If you plan on transitioning the leads from the old programs to new, do this first so you can easily say "member of engagement program --"
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kim, a new Engagement with the same content and members will send the emails again... so you are correct.

To avoid issues, you may want to place the old members in a special Engagement or a special Stream with new content only. If you have exhausted members, you can move them first too.

Then anyone in an active Stream would be moved to a similar stream in the New Engagement. Just be careful to reorder content or place them in a new content stream.

Then a different Engagement would handle new leads only. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do not clone the emails and you keep the leads as members of programs (if you used programs), the leads WILL NOT receive the content again.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kim, I was considering adding a "was not delivered email" requirement to the smartlists on the existing programs in my EPs as an extra filter just in case.

Josh, good idea about moving people as they exhaust their Old EP content! Thanks!

Cheryl, if I delete the old EPs eventually, do I risk the content being sent again? Should I never delete the old EPs? I was only considering it in case I reached whatever limit.

Also as I do this, I am looking for use cases/ case studies of 1 EP with lots of streams v a few EPs with a few streams each. In my particulare case, I never want a lead to be in 2 streams period (including a stream in EP1 and another stream in EP2). It is making me consider an "uber EP" with 12 streams to account for all of our combos of lifecycle(3) and solution interest (4). Recommendations on this welcome too.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Are you going to be using emails in the engagement programs, or programs nested in the engagement programs? I ask because Edward Unthank did an awesome presentation at Summit where he explained his method for ensuring that people don't receive the same content twice. It involves using programs in the engagement program and a program status of "Exclusion", and can be viewed here in more detail starting around slide 17.

As far as uber engagement program, sorry I didn't respond to your question the other day about how our programs are set up... We have more distinct programs at this time, so they don't really overlap enough for me to do an uber program. I think this would be more limiting in the end as ep's are limited to either 12 or 20 streams (can't recall, and for all I know they've eliminated this restriction) so what works right now might not be the best if there's change or growth in the future. I think that having a gatekeeper/controller, as well as using programs within ep's is the best way to handle ensuring that people don't receive the same content multiple times or fall into multiple programs at the same time.