Can you add editable sections to a landing page template?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you add editable sections to a landing page template?

We are creating landing page templates to look like our website's designs.

The landing pages content will be populated by a range of team members some with very limited HTML skills, so will need to ensure we have the editable sections plotted within the template itself.

Similar to how we are able to add editable sections to emails, is this possible for landing pages too?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Can you add editable sections to a landing page template?

Hi Amanda, Landing pages are typically easier to edit than emails, since it's more of a drag and drop system. That said, they can also provide more room for changes and potential error if you have very specific branding that you need or want followed. If you play around in a landing page, you should be able to see how the drag and drop functionality works for images, text, forms, etc. Basically anything on the landing page can be dragged and dropped wherever you'd like it to be.
Anonymous
Not applicable

tl;dr No, landing pages don't work the same as emails. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amanda,

I created "clone this" pages with a few basic layouts and instructions written right on the pages to make it "dummy proof" for my users. Basically, they should never "go rogue" and built a program on their own. Just clone the "Webinar Clone This" program and edit the fields to update content and keep brand standards.

In the (more common than I'd like) scenario when someone deletes something or tries to edit html on their own, I have a "cheat sheet" landing page for them with all of the fonts, colors, sizes, links to icon image folders, etc.

It took time to create these assets, and time for my current users to "stop going rogue" but the newer team members LOVE IT! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is another way you can do this as well...using Rich Text Tokens to create de facto editable areas, but doing that prevents you from using other tokens.

You can see it in practice here on one of my pages: http://go.servicetrade.com/LP-BlueFolder-Alternative-Trial.html

The entire left hand column is a Rich Text Token and the form is added on the LP editor. This allows me to use the Bootstrap CSS theme to make pages responsive in Marketo as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

JASON!!! Please elaborate on your method... it is exactly what I need to accomplish. How do you define the Rich Text Tokens in the landing page code? Step-by-step if you have a few minutes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damon,

It would be easier to explain via phone or join.me...you can contact me at jason@steptwointeractive.com and I can walk you through it.