Tips for Encouraging Use of Marketo with Account Executives

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tips for Encouraging Use of Marketo with Account Executives

Hello Marketo Community!

As part of the Demand Generation Team, I work very closely with our sales team who currently use two platforms for managing their sales funnel:

1. Salesforce
  2. Yesware

We are hoping to get our Account Executives on board with adding Marketo to their sales toolkit - mostly with the Sales Insights function, given its awesome integration with SFDC, but also to allow for more automation and reporting.

To date, we have had some challenges getting team members to use SFDC itself in keeping account information up to date and, as a result, would like to try to minimize resistance to adding another tool into the mix. So, I am hoping that my fellow Marketo users might be able to share insight or advice on how best to transition Account Executives into the platform in a way that makes sense to them. We want them to understand that this is a tool to help them make better connections, rather than something to "monitor" their activity.

Hope to hear some great things from you!

Michelle

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tips for Encouraging Use of Marketo with Account Executives

Hi Michelle,

What would you like them to do with Marketo exactly? MSI and Yesware overlap in some areas, especially with the MSI plugin for gmail or outlook.

The challenge I've found is that the salesperson needs to be on the record itself to push them to a special nurture. You can mass email 200 records at a time from the lead/contact views, but I'm not a big fan of letting Sales do that.

What I would offer to them is here is the interesting moments and other data we are collecting. Here's how to think about it. I'd worry less about the other features.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tips for Encouraging Use of Marketo with Account Executives

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the feedback!

We, too, are on the same page where we don't really want Sales mass emailing people (although we have set in place restrictions for the amount that folks can be emailed from Marketo anyways). This is more for reporting functionality, so they can see which campaigns are doing well, how people are progressing through and also, with the use of SFDC Campaign Sync (we are implementing this shortly), we can ensure there is a positive sharing of information between Marketo and SFDC without having to manually connect anything.

Sales relies on us in Demand Gen to provide them with leads and because we use Marketo for all of our lead cleaning, importing and mass emailing, we want them to be able to see the connection and understand how it all works - this is where your suggestion of sharing Interesting Moments is a great one!

Interesting that Yesware and MSI can have some overlap - it might be worth thinking about moving folks from one to the other (I know the teams like to use the Outlook/Gmail functionality for efficiency). Definitely some food for thought there!

Many thanks again for your update - always great to get an idea of how other people are using Marketo and the successes you have seen.

Best,

Michelle