Re: Tips for an AMA Webinar?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tips for an AMA Webinar?

Hey guys!

We're running our first AMA webinar in the middle of July and I'm reaching out to you guys for any tips you have from prior experience.

Specifically, we're hoping to allow registrants to ask a question when they sign up and also vote on questions submitted by other registrants. What's the best way to go about making this happen?

Any other suggestions to help drive registration/attendance/engagement are, of course, more than welcome.

Thanks!

Danny

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

We do quite a bit of webinars each year and recently did one similarly. I created a generic field in Marketo, "Misc. Question 1" and added that field to the form allowing the contact to ask questions before the webinar to answer during. Creating a field like this allows it to have versatility for other one-off projects. As for generating registrants we send a bi-weekly email with our upcoming webinars and we also have links on our website driving to the monthly webinars. If this is a one-off, you could also look into doing some digital advertising as well. Sending a follow-up, "Thanks for Registering" email with calendar invite as well as reminder emails (day-of) will help improve attendance rate as well. Hope this helps!

-Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Chris! Wicked helpful.

What was the response like if someone's question didn't get answered? Only reason I'm asking is to get a better sense of what the messaging's tone should be; we wouldn't want to over-promise and under-deliver.

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Our presenter worked the popular questions into the presentation and then opened up for Q&A at the end. We also add an email address as the closing slide allowing any unanswered questions to be sent to that inbox which we manage follow-ups.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. Thanks for the tips Chris!

We'll look to include some of your tactics in our webinar. We're really looking to also add in a feature that allows registrants to see what questions others have submitted, if you're interested I'll check back with what technology we end up using to accomplish this.

Appreciate the help