Re: TIP: {{Trigger.}} tokens also work for "Change program status" events

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

TIP: {{Trigger.}} tokens also work for "Change program status" events

Dear community,

I was wondering today how we could create interesting moments for the people who attended a seminar or a webinar. We try to favor centralized interesting moments. Doing some testing, we discovered that, although they are omitted in the doc (Tokens for Interesting Moments - Marketo Docs - Product Docs ) "Change program status" events do populate the {{trigger.name}} and {{trigger.Trigger Name}} tokens. The first one will have the name of the program, the second one will just read "Change status in progression" (not that valuable though )

Therefore, you can use the first one to create an interesting moment on event or program change in statuses. Just write "Attended event {{trigger.name}}" in the interesting moment description.

-Greg

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I didn't realize this wasn't widely known - so it's great that you're surfacing it here.  We actually do this today within our centralized Interesting Moments campaigns:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

I fact, it makes sense it works. Just the docs does not mention it.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Greg - this was something our Marketo consultant shared with us when we initially configured our environment a couple years ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll let the Docs team know to update this. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg, I was literally working on something similar yesterday where Sales reps were complaining about the naming of programs, etc (The naming conventions work great for systems, not as much for Sales). This might help as one of those items to simply things.

Justin_Norris1

Thanks for sharing this Greg.

I had thought this worked but then checked docs recently and it wasn't there, so assumed I had been dreaming.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Hey Grégoire Michel​ -

I just tried this out today in a CDV and {{trigger.Name}} populated the form name, not the program name:

Chrome Legacy Window 3292016 85406 AM.bmp.jpg

Chrome Legacy Window 3292016 85456 AM.bmp.jpg

Robb Barrett
Dan_Stevens_

I've never tried it like this (using it in a CDV flow step).  I suspect this is happening since you're not using an IM flow step, where you define the IM type (event, etc.); or based on your trigger type.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Robb,

AFAIK, the content of the tokens depend on the trigger of your smart campaign. If the trigger is a "fills out form", then {{trigger.Name}} is supposed to be the name of the asset that triggered the campaign, in which case the form name would make sense.

-Greg