SOLVED

time slots field on the form

Go to solution
Teresa_Hsu1
Level 4

time slots field on the form

Hi,

Is there a way that we could create meeting time slots on the form for people to register?

For example we have

2 meeting rooms -  Room A and Room B

3 time slots for 9AM meeting, and 3 for 10AM meeting at each room. 

I want to be able to make a select field on the form.  So, when people want to register, they can pick location in the drop down and then select available time slots for that location.

Once a time slot is booked, that selection should disappear from the drop down to avoid double bookings.

Is there a way to do that?

I am able to make the select field, but I'm not able to

1. Make the available slots showing in relate to the room.

2. Make the selected slots disappear from the drop down and only shows available slots.

Thank you!

Teresa

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: time slots field on the form

This is a really tall order for Marketo Forms.

Having dependent dropdowns is no problem.  The problem is you're imagining real-time communication between the form and a back-end scheduling application -- and Marketo is not a scheduling application.  You can take some of my Resource Lead guidance from the recent post Cap event attendees with form logic? but there's a point where you exceed the rational limits of what you can do with Marketo, especially with zero latency (that is, as soon as a time slot is taken it disappears from every subsequent form render, with zero delay for back-end processing). 

So one could build this using Marketo alone if you acknowledge the possibility of double-booking under high load (and even then, I'm only confident because I am insanely devoted to pushing the limits of Forms 2.0).  If you need to patch that possibility, you need to use a third-party event registration provider with a JavaScript integration.  (If the provider doesn't let you register using the API, but does support calling other functions upon registration, then you could use the provider's form/widget as the visible form and then cross-post the same data to Marketo using a silent form post.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: time slots field on the form

This is a really tall order for Marketo Forms.

Having dependent dropdowns is no problem.  The problem is you're imagining real-time communication between the form and a back-end scheduling application -- and Marketo is not a scheduling application.  You can take some of my Resource Lead guidance from the recent post Cap event attendees with form logic? but there's a point where you exceed the rational limits of what you can do with Marketo, especially with zero latency (that is, as soon as a time slot is taken it disappears from every subsequent form render, with zero delay for back-end processing). 

So one could build this using Marketo alone if you acknowledge the possibility of double-booking under high load (and even then, I'm only confident because I am insanely devoted to pushing the limits of Forms 2.0).  If you need to patch that possibility, you need to use a third-party event registration provider with a JavaScript integration.  (If the provider doesn't let you register using the API, but does support calling other functions upon registration, then you could use the provider's form/widget as the visible form and then cross-post the same data to Marketo using a silent form post.)