Re: Time processing form submissions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time processing form submissions

Hi,

I have a form that is associated with a program and with a smart campaign that it sends an autoresponder to the user who filled the form (the smart campaign is set to run the flow everytime). The autoresponder uses some tokens (custom fields) that are obtained from the form submitted data, lead, (e.g.: first name, last name, email, and a content URL). The form is used for different content URLs (let's say that we have 5 different content URLs)

Everything works fine if the user submit a form for a content URL, and after a while (let's say 2 minutes) and then submit the form again for a different content URL, but if the interval between the two submissions (for different content URLs) is short, Marketo looses the first submitted data (for the first content URL) and processes the first and the second submitted data with the data from the second submission, firing two identical autoresponders to the user (as Marketo processed the first submission with the data of the second submission, suppressing the content URL that was passed in the first submission).

Does anyone got into this issue? Is there a way to fix this in Marketo side? Or should I set an delay when submitting the form?

Thanks,
  Jorge

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

So a wait step wouldn't help here because if the lead submits at Time 0, then 30 seconds later, the data will change instantly, but the Campaign won't necessarily respond instantly. So by the time the lead gets to the Choice Step, the data will have changed and it will send two of the wrong emails instead of 1 for each submission.

To get around this, you might try splitting up the campaigns so that separate ones respond to different Content URLs:

Fills Out Form
Content URL = X

This should work because the two campaigns should react separately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thanks for you answer. So, basically Marketo doesn't differ each submission before it updates the member data. The reason why I wouldn't like to create a different campaign for each content URL is to turn the proccess more automated, as the content URL is a hidden field that is automatically populated in my website. Is there a way to have it working without the need to create a campaign for each content URL?

Thanks
  Jorge