The clone form has gone backwards

Anonymous
Not applicable

The clone form has gone backwards

A few things that I would be interested to see if other users are finding the same issue as I do.

1. Do you think that the 'Clone To:' form should be able to just say 'clone to same program/fodler' like in the old version. This new version serves no better purpose. In fact, IMO it's a step backwards.
  2. Folder should actually be called Program. You can't select a folder specifically you can only select a program. This is both confusing and incorrect labelling.

0EM50000000QaaB.jpg

What does everyone else think?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The clone form has gone backwards

Agree on this: I used same program all the time.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a bug that was preventing the same program info from being populated into the Clone To and Folder fields as the default (currently for Forms, Emails, LPs and Social Buttons), which was fixed late yesterday, so now it actually takes 1 click less to clone to the "Same Folder" - compare with Smart Campaigns and Smart Lists, which still use the old style dialog box, so in that regard it is better. 

The "Folder" label is appropriate if you are cloning an Email, LP or Form to "Design Studio", but is confusing if you are cloning to "Marketing Activities", since currently you can only clone into a program.  Interestingly, if you clone a Social Button, the prompt is "Program", not "Folder".  Perhaps this UI change is an oversight or perhaps it is in anticipation of allowing us to clone into a specific program/folder in the near future?

0EM50000000Qaaz.jpg

0EM50000000Qab4.jpg

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I wondered about calling it folder because I kept thinking that perhaps we finally got the ability to clone into a folder within a program! I hadn't seen it in the release notes but when I saw clone to folder, I did get a little excited until I realized taht this was just how programs were labeled now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The missing "Clone to same program" is extremely frustrating for us. We used to use it multiple times a day and having to look up the correct program every time is a huge waste of time. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed - I find this confusing and frustrating.