Expert Help Needed - MQL to First Activity Report

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expert Help Needed - MQL to First Activity Report

Hi All!

I am looking for some expert help in reporting. My current situation is as follows:

My organization is looking to gain insight into the "Response Time" of our Inside Sales representatives. Specifiically, we are looking to measure the amount of time it takes from when they receive a notification of a MQL lead that is assigned to them to when they log their first follow up activity in Salesforce.

I have done some research online and found a decent amount of information on how to do this from a lead creation to first follow up activity perspective, but because our reps are being notified when a lead hits MQL and not when the lead is created - I need some creative ideas or expert knowledge in how others may be doing this.

Thanks!
Taylor Marcus
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expert Help Needed - MQL to First Activity Report

We created a "MQL SLA Start Date" field that is updated to the current system date when a lead's revenue stage is changed to "MQL".  We use that to send alert emails to reps with leads that are still in the "MQL" stage past the SLA period.  You could also create a field to hold the date that a rep sends an email or makes a call to a lead who is in the "MQL" stage.  You'd need to export these records and use Excel's date functions to get the average response time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We set this up in Salesforce so that the Lead Status is mapped to a Marketing Waterfall value. We can see how much time it took to go from Assigned (MQL) to Contacted (SAL).

Is this what you are looking to do?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Christina  - When you say Marketing Waterfall - would that be a workflow rule in SFDC? I have a decent amount of experience in SFDC, but I am not an admin. Could you elaborate a little on this?

Thanks!
Taylor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - you would setup a Field Update workflow rule in Salesforce. First you need to create the fields (when I say Marketing Waterfall, Im just referring to how marketing wants to define the stages). Sales wants to see 'Assigned', but I want to see 'MQL' - hope that makes sense. So you yould set the workflow field update to say when a lead is created and marked 'Assigned' then stamp the MQL field with the date. When that status changes, stamp the next waterfall, etc.