Text version of draft email not editable

Robin_Hayes
Level 2

Text version of draft email not editable

I'm not able to edit the text version of my emails. This has just started happening, and I am cloning from an email that has worked fine over the last few months. I do have a work around which is to close and reopen the email draft, then it becomes editable, but having to do this each time is becoming annoying!

Anyone else experiencing this now or in the past? Anyone have a reason/solution to the issue?

13 REPLIES 13
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Text version of draft email not editable

Hi Robin,

Have you unchecked the "Automatically copy from HTML" box ?

pastedImage_0.png

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had this too on occasion, seems like a bug to me... though no solution other than the workaround that you mention.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This started happening to me too, yesterday. I found that if I approve the email, then go in to edit it, I can usually edit the text version. Must be a bug.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Denny and Carrie,

If you feel there is a bug here, file a support ticket, so that it ends up escalated to R&D.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This just started happening to me today. I restarted my computer because I thought it might be something on my end but it happened a second time again in the same day. So I'll open a support ticket.

Even if I approve the email and go back to edit the text again, I still cannot edit. And the boxes for copy HTML/ Auto copy are unchecked.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

I've experienced similar issues where it won't allow me to edit the text version on my first try. This means I have to approve the HTML version and then re-open editor to click into the text version (is this a glitch?).

Tom Kerlin
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I had submitted a support ticket to Marketo and they said they were going to try to recreate this issue on their edit. They have unfortunately said they cannot recreate the issue and I now have a scheduled meeting to chat with someone live about it. I'm still unable to edit text version of an email or it is extremely inconsistent as to when I can.

They also said they have not heard/seen other support tickets for this issue yet, so I strongly encourage more people with this issue to submit a ticket so this issue is resolved sooner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just created a support ticket as well.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It's a bug - I've logged it both for myself and for several customers. Log it and get Marketo to look at it for you. Only the workaround you've already mentioned has ever worked for me.