SOLVED

Test Groups breaking "fills out form" triggers

Go to solution
Eric_Lew1
Level 2

Test Groups breaking "fills out form" triggers

Hi there!

I just implemented several test groups and they are breaking my smart campaign triggers "fills out any form on a specific landing page."

Because we reuse the same form on multiple pages, I use "fills out any form on a specific landing page" to trigger flow steps like updating lead source and sending out alerts. This worked fine with a single landing page per program, but once we converted that landing page into a test group, the trigger no longer fires.

I've already added both of the two options in the test group to trigger but no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Test Groups breaking "fills out form" triggers

I'm not able to reproduce this, Eric.

Observe this simple test group:

2016-12-17 02_47_09-Marketo _ ab01-1 • Marketing Activities.png

And the companion Smart Campaign, with web pages added by the friendly name of the Marketo LP:

2016-12-17 02_46_03-Marketo _ SC Lab 01 - AB test FoF (Smart List) • Marketing Activities.png

And SC members:

2016-12-17 03_13_01-Marketo _ Program Lab 11.SC Lab 01 - AB test FoF • Lead Database.png

Alternately, a shorter way to include all AB Group Members in the Smart List is to constrain Filled Out Form by Referrer (not Web Page) and do Contains --> {the AB test's master URL}. In this context, the Referrer is the visible URL as opposed to the "secret" underlying page name. Note this is not the same as the document.referrer as understood in a browser context.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would first check your smart campaign qualification rules to make sure you allow leads to enter the smart campaign multiple times. Also check the activity of a lead you know should have gone through the campaign and confirm they actually did fill out the form.

Eric_Lew1
Level 2

Thanks Dev. Good suggestions and I've already done them in this case. Leads can flow the every time and I've reviewed lead activity both of actual leads and my own tests from an incognito browser.

Devraj_Grewal

So you can confirm that a lead has shown a "filled out form" activity in their log for that specific form and landing page and has not executed the flow?

In that case perhaps they are blacklisted since you've filtered by that or the flow steps include a remove from flow or choice condition so they may have skipped it.

Eric_Lew1
Level 2

Yes in both organic leads and my test the "filled out form" action exists in their history and they are not flagged as black listed.

Devraj_Grewal

In the activity log does it list which web page the form was submitted on. It's possible since you've entered it through incognito mode, that the webpage was not registered.

Eric_Lew1
Level 2

The "Fill Out Form" action does not show the landing page anywhere. I will try again in a non-incognito window.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Devraj_Grewal

The screenshot is for the wrong activity. You would look at 859118.

Eric_Lew1
Level 2

Woops good point - and yes it did record the correct URL:

pastedImage_0.png

Devraj_Grewal

Not positive about this, but perhaps take the URLs for those two landing pages and paste them into the "Web Page" constraint instead of selecting the actual assets.

Also go to the form in question and click the "Used By" tab to make sure it is the same form on both those landing pages.