SOLVED

Task being deleted from Salesforce after Marketo creation

Go to solution
Michael_Hodgkin
Level 1

Task being deleted from Salesforce after Marketo creation

Hi everyone,
We're running into an issue where after a task has been created via Marketo, it is immediately deleted from Salesforce. I can see the task creation in the lead's activity log and everything looks correct there, but in Salesforce there is only a "Routing Task" but the task itself is not there. Our Salesforce Admin said it was deleted, but sees nothing in the automation that would cause this. It doesn't happen on every lead, just a handful a month, but the Sales team doesn't want to miss any leads. Any ideas on why this would be happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Task being deleted from Salesforce after Marketo creation

Absolutely certain that this is happening in SFDC, like Darshil says.

It can take a long time to account for all automations in SFDC, including Apex triggers. I remember we had a similar situation a couple of years ago where records were being "magically" deleted in the context of the Marketo API user. But not by Marketo, there was a bug in the Apex code that a non-Apex developer with a good eye finally caught when we looked at everything on a big screen!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Marketo doesn't have a flow to delete the SFDC tasks associated with a person record, it just has a Create Task step. For the most part, users who use the Create Task step in Marketo, manage the tasks in SFDC with automation (including deleting the obsolete ones). I don't think Marketo is deleting the task from SFDC, if it would have been, you should have seen activity in the respective person record, as you see for the task creation. Happy to hear other community members' thoughts on this, in case I'm missing anything here.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Absolutely certain that this is happening in SFDC, like Darshil says.

It can take a long time to account for all automations in SFDC, including Apex triggers. I remember we had a similar situation a couple of years ago where records were being "magically" deleted in the context of the Marketo API user. But not by Marketo, there was a bug in the Apex code that a non-Apex developer with a good eye finally caught when we looked at everything on a big screen!