SOLVED

Syncing Salesforce Campaign object custom field to Marketo

Go to solution
sparashar
Level 2

Syncing Salesforce Campaign object custom field to Marketo

Hello-

We have added a new field in Salesforce Campaign object by the name of 'Rating'. I want to understand if it is even possible to sync this field to Marketo so that we can use them in Smart campaigns in Marketo as filters? If yes, How can we do that?

I tried looking at the Admin > Data Management > Salesforce Object Sync schema but it did not show me Campaign as a synced object. But, when I look at Admin > Integrations > Salesforce > Edit Sync Options, the 'Enable Salesforce Campaign Sync' check box is checked.

Would really appreciate all the help I can get navigating this as I am pretty new to Marketo.

SP
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Syncing Salesforce Campaign object custom field to Marketo

The Campaign object isn't directly connected to Lead/Contact objects in SFDC. It's connected via the Campaign Member object, so if you want to sync a field related to members of the campaign, you can create a custom field on the Campaign Member object and sync it with the Program Member custom field in Marketo. Check out this link for the Salesforce data model.

Also, fundamentally, the data on the Campaign object pertains to the Campaigns, and not to the lead/contact records, and as you would know Marketo Smart Campaigns are applicable to people, i.e., people qualify and run through them. So, technically it doesn't make sense to be able to filter on campaign fields that apply to the campaign object. You can filter on custom program member fields if you want though.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1

The Campaign object isn't directly connected to Lead/Contact objects in SFDC. It's connected via the Campaign Member object, so if you want to sync a field related to members of the campaign, you can create a custom field on the Campaign Member object and sync it with the Program Member custom field in Marketo. Check out this link for the Salesforce data model.

Also, fundamentally, the data on the Campaign object pertains to the Campaigns, and not to the lead/contact records, and as you would know Marketo Smart Campaigns are applicable to people, i.e., people qualify and run through them. So, technically it doesn't make sense to be able to filter on campaign fields that apply to the campaign object. You can filter on custom program member fields if you want though.

sparashar
Level 2

Thank you Darshil! specially for the second paragraph! that is exactly what i though.

SP
sparashar
Level 2

A quick follow up question on this! having the checked 'Sync Salesforce Campaigns' only applies to certain standard Salesforce fields then?

SP
Darshil_Shah1

You're welcome, @sparashar! Yes, that option allows Marketo to sync its program membership and statuses with Salesforce campaigns and vice versa. SFDC campaign names, cost, type, members, and member statuses are synced when enabled. Read all about SFDC Sync: Campaign Sync regarding how the sync functions. I hope this answers your question. 🙂

sparashar
Level 2

Thank you Darshil! For always answering my questions with great insight! 🙂

SP
Darshil_Shah1

You're very welcome! Always happy to be of help, @sparashar