Syncing Registration Source Type/Info with SFDC

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Syncing Registration Source Type/Info with SFDC

Hello,

How can I successfully sync the Registration Source Type and Registration Source Info with SFDC?

I created two fields in SFDC and used the correct API Name (RegistrationSourceType and RegistrationSourceInfo) but not seeing any syncing happening yet.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Syncing Registration Source Type/Info with SFDC

Wouldn't you do this via the regular sync field method?

What is "Registration Source Type"? Is that something you made?

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

I don't think so, it's a field that is in MKTO by default.

Capture.PNG

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

I  can see both of the Registration fields under "Field Management" in admin, but they don't appear when I search for them in Field Mapping.

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

This is a system managed field that is already mapped to your CRM.

From what I can see from my sandbox instance connected to an SFDC CRM, the following field mapping shows in field management:

RegistrationSourceType (SFDC Lead)

RegistrationSourceType (SFDC Contact)

My question to you is, what are you checking and how did you come to the conclusion that these values were not syncing up to SFDC?

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Yea, I came to the conclusion because I don't see these fields populating in Salesforce, only Marketo.

Is this field part of the new Salesforce/MKTO sync update? I tried to create a new field in Salesforce with an API name of "mkto71_Registration_Source_Info_C" and "mkto71_Registration_Source_Type_C" but then this ended up happening:

registration-source-info-type-screenshot.PNG

Which didn't help anything - I'm trying to get Registration Source Info and Type to sync like the other MKTO generated fields do (Original Source Type, etc).

Not sure what I'm missing here - help would be appreciated!

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

It looks like you created 2 brand new custom fields in SFDC called "Mkto71 Registration Source Info" and "Mkto71 Registration Source Type" with the assumption that they would automatically map to "Registration Source Info" and "Registration Source Type".  Unfortunately, Marketo doesn't work that way. 

In regards to getting them to sync, have you checked these fields in SFDC:

RegistrationSourceType (SFDC Lead)

RegistrationSourceType (SFDC Contact)

Here are some steps for you to help clarify:

1. In Marketo, change the data value of the field "Registration Source Info" on a lead/contact

2. Wait 5-10 minutes

3. Go to SFDC and look for that lead/contact that you updated and look for the field named "RegistrationSourceType" or whatever the label is for that field in SFDC to see if it got updated. 

4. Rinse/Repeat until you can finally conclude and confirm that there is no sync happening