Re: Syncing data from MKTO to Birst or any other BI platform?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncing data from MKTO to Birst or any other BI platform?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience that they could share on syncing data from MKTO to Birst or any other BI platform on a semi-real time basis.  Basically, in addition to syncing program success and lead data into SFDC, I want to be able to sync that data into a BI platform where I believe that it will be easier to capture snapshots of tracking data (e.g. utm_medium, utm_source) that we capture with every program success.

Does the Birst to MKTO integration make it easy to sync data on an ongoing basis?  Or do you have to use a third-party ETL tool like Jitterbit or Boomi to build that integration?

If there is anyone that has set up MKTO to Birst integration, I would really appreciate an opportunity to ask some questions to understand whether it can meet my needs.

Regards,
Dani

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I haven't used Birst, but I'm sure they'd be happy to chat with you about it.

I've used Boomi and it requires some expertise.

Does Birst have an API connection? Or a launchpoint login? That should be fine to sync data over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

Could you talk live for a few minutes about integrating Boomi with MKTO?  I'm interested in "sync'ing" MKTO program success data into a BI platform in semi-real time - have MKTO sync program success data into the BI platform within 5 min of the success step occurring.  I checked with Birst and their MKTO connector can only do batch data transfers on a scheduled basis.  I talked to SFDC about their analytics platform and they recommended using an enterprise class ETL solution like Boomi to integrate MKTO to a BI platform.  I'm looking for insights on using Boomi to integrate MKTO to a BI platform.

Thanks,

Dani

Anonymous
Not applicable

John Mattos is the guy you want to chat with about this. We do a lot of this kind of integration internally here. Typically it involves doing file exports of lead and activity data and placing them on an FTP for a BI tool to pick up.

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Hi Danielle,

I have connected Birst with Marketo using their Application connector. Although I run the processing of data every morning, I was also able to run ad hoc to get realtime data when needed. You can easily bring objects listed below and build reports/dashboards. 

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 1.13.11 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aslihan Ayan​. I have implemented and used Birst in a previous role where I ran global sales reporting. The company had a new (and barely functioning ) SFDC instance at the time, so the biggest hurdle was getting over internal issues for implementation. Once it was up and running, designing the reports was a breeze. I am curious what your experience was with building the reports from a marketing perspective? Thank you!

John_M
Marketo Employee

A connection that fxdgzgfmxzm with first like the one Aslihan Ayan​ is referring to is generally preferable her a custom integration written in Boo mi, but of course it comes down to your requirements. You can leverage both the SOAP and REST APIs using Boomi to really the only limitation is figuring out what you're after.