SOLVED

Synchronising Direct Mail Data

Go to solution
Colin_Mann
Level 5

Synchronising Direct Mail Data

I suspect this has already been answered somewhere by someone but how do people treat direct mail lists in Marketo when there are no email addresses. In my case I have a direct mail in progress for Germany which, because of the data laws, does not include any email addresses.

Marketo is based on email/IP addresses but it would be a shame if I had to upload the list into the CRM because I generally prefer a Marketo-first approach on principle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Synchronising Direct Mail Data

You can have leads without email addresses.  You then, of course, need to tie people who go to your site and convert back to their original lead record if you can.  This is what the pURL feature (see the docs) is designed for.  There are a number of caveats and necessary tweaks to the default pURL model, but you should read up on it first.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can have leads without email addresses.  You then, of course, need to tie people who go to your site and convert back to their original lead record if you can.  This is what the pURL feature (see the docs) is designed for.  There are a number of caveats and necessary tweaks to the default pURL model, but you should read up on it first.

Colin_Mann
Level 5

Thanks Sanford, I've used the pURL feature before to personalise URLs for direct mail print runs so I will be sure to read up on that again. Thank you.