SOLVED

Re: Sync Pre-Existing Fields and data with Salesforce

Go to solution
Sean_Hardaker
Level 3

Sync Pre-Existing Fields and data with Salesforce

I've got some fields in salesforce that were only made visible to Marketo recently and have pre-existing data in them.  There is one field which is on the Lead object and another on the Account object.  I can see both fields inside Marketo.

The problem is that these fields are empty inside Marketo while they are complete in salesforce and I don't know how to sync the data without manually updating the fields in salesforce.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sean_Hardaker
Level 3

Here's what I've done in the end:

• In SFDC I've exported a Contacts and Account report for all owners, for all time where the field i want is not empty.
  • In MKTO I've segmented and exported all leads with the empty field, SFDC source and contacts only.
  • Use index(match()) in excel to create 2 column CSV (email, field) and import back into MKTO

Job done.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

They should update automatically if Marketo has permission to Read to the fields. Perhaps it is happening slowly over time. If you want to  modify the sysModTimeStamp, you could force it...but do you want ALL of your records to sync suddenly?

Sean_Hardaker
Level 3

HI Josh

Thanks for the quick response.  The fields in question have been visible to Marketo for some time (weeks/months) the data is available for some and not for others.

Going off your suggestion, I could modify sysModTimeStamp for just the records who's fields are empty and using a few other segments to only sync the records in question.

What's the best way to bulk modify the sysModTimeStamp? It's a salesforce field, not visible to Marketo AFAIK

Sean_Hardaker
Level 3

Here's what I've done in the end:

• In SFDC I've exported a Contacts and Account report for all owners, for all time where the field i want is not empty.
  • In MKTO I've segmented and exported all leads with the empty field, SFDC source and contacts only.
  • Use index(match()) in excel to create 2 column CSV (email, field) and import back into MKTO

Job done.