SOLVED

Re: Sync Net New Leads to Salesforce

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 5

Sync Net New Leads to Salesforce

Hello Community members!

My company currently only sends Marketo leads to Salesforce once they're deemed qualified (lead score = 40) and we're seeing gaps in our data/process:

• Sales can't find a lead that's still only in Marketo (usually when the lead calls or messages Sales directly) so they create them fresh in SFDC, which leads to duplication issues and incorrect attribution
  • While our databases are similar, there are a number of leads that live only in Marketo and we want to ensure that SFDC is always our record of truth

I'm setting up Smart Campaigns to push leads into SFDC upon creation to resolve the above issues and I'd love to get some extra eyes/expertise on my set up to make sure that what I've done makes sense (I sadly don't have a sandbox environment to play in).  

Smart Campaign (Trigger - for all future leads)

MichelleK_0-1619465835337.png

While I've included the extra constraint on the trigger to require a form fill, I realize that's likely redundant as we can't capture new leads without that! The email address filter excludes anyone with a company, vendor partner, or @TEST email address (we do a lot of testing using our work emails) so we don't confuse anyone/fill up queues with irrelevant emails.

From there, the Flow moves them into a Marketing/Unqualified Lead Queue set up for this, adjusts their data value to note they've been passed to SFDC, and adjusts their applicable Person/Lead Status.

Smart Campaign (Batch - to move all existing, non-synced leads into SFDC)

MichelleK_1-1619466093150.png

The idea is the same here but to capture any leads that have yet to be passed to SFDC once the above trigger campaign is live (I've picked April 30 for now but that might change). All the other elements are the same in the Smart List and then the Flow.

Given the way our current campaign is set up to drive leads to Sales agents or our default queue when qualified by lead score, I don't think anything needs updating there (it doesn't include/use Create Date). Screenshot for reference:

MichelleK_2-1619466357074.png

Any feedback is welcome and appreciated 😀

Many thanks in advance!

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Hi Michelle! You may try using the "SFDC Type" field as that's a good indicator if someone is an SFDC record or not. For the newly created leads triggered smart campaign, it may also be worth using the constraint to only pull in those that are not coming from SFDC. And then for your batch campaign, you'd probably be fine with using SFDC Type = empty, rather than the created date filter since that will be all-inclusive of the records that don't currently exist in SFDC. Hope that helps! 

Mariah Mattick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Hi Michelle! You may try using the "SFDC Type" field as that's a good indicator if someone is an SFDC record or not. For the newly created leads triggered smart campaign, it may also be worth using the constraint to only pull in those that are not coming from SFDC. And then for your batch campaign, you'd probably be fine with using SFDC Type = empty, rather than the created date filter since that will be all-inclusive of the records that don't currently exist in SFDC. Hope that helps! 

Mariah Mattick
michellechopin
Level 5

Thanks so much for the feedback, Mariah! With your comments in mind, here's how I've updated each SC - for both, I kept the Passed to Salesforce = False filter but if that's now redundant I can remove it.

1. Trigger Campaign

Added SFDC Type = empty filter to the smart list 

MichelleK_0-1619713999720.png

2. Batch Campaign

Replaced the Created Date with the SFDC Type = is empty filter

MichelleK_1-1619714038903.png

I really appreciate your help!

Michelle 😀

Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Hi Michelle! I think that looks great. The Passed to SFDC Field may be redundant but I can understand keeping it since it's been heavily used and managed. 

Mariah Mattick
michellechopin
Level 5

That's what I thought too but wanted to get an expert's insight first. I may keep it as an extra security option and see how things go moving forwards.

Thank you again for your review and support, @Mariah_Mattick. I'm going to circle this past our stakeholders and get this live ASAP so we can start eliminating some of our data gaps.

Hope you're having a great week 😀

Michelle