SOLVED

Re: Sync Marketo and SFDC billing account address

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync Marketo and SFDC billing account address

Hello, our account billing address was not previously giving permission for Marketo to Read but we are planning on changing that. My worry is that Marketo would over write its own blank data onto the account billing data. Is that a possibility?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abdallah,
By default, Marketo does not have permissions to write to the Account object. This is a setting within Marketo and does not have to due with permissions in SFDC.

So unless you asked Support to explicitly turn on the two-way sync for the Account Object, you do not have to worry about Marketo overwriting account fields.

Best,
Will

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abdallah,
By default, Marketo does not have permissions to write to the Account object. This is a setting within Marketo and does not have to due with permissions in SFDC.

So unless you asked Support to explicitly turn on the two-way sync for the Account Object, you do not have to worry about Marketo overwriting account fields.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Will,

Thanks for this. However, I think I will still need to turn on the field accessiblity in SFDC for Marekto accounts so that I can at least read the field in Marketo. If I give Marketo permission within salesforce then according to your suggestion, it will not start over-writing to the account object. Correct?

Thanks a lot for the help
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

As Will said, Marketo cannot write to Accounts at all, so you will be ok.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh.