SOLVED

Sync delays into RCA?

Go to solution
Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Sync delays into RCA?

We are using program opportunity analysis reports in RCE to calculate FT/MT reporting. Because RCE does not allow for boolean filter logic, we built a new custom field in Salesforce (populated by a workflow) to align our reports.

When I synced the new field into RCA last week, I noticed that although our total opportunity count and amount matched up between Marketo and Salesforce, when adding a filter with the new field, the opportunity count/revenue was MUCH lower than what we were seeing in Salesforce with the same filter applied. Since then, I've noticed that the report is slowly catching up to the numbers in Salesforce each day. However, it's now been over a week and the RCA reports with this field filter are showing just about half of what is in Salesforce.

My understanding is that there is a nightly sync between Salesforce and RCA, which I assumed meant that all the data would be refreshed fully, but now I'm questioning it.

Has anyone noticed sync delays into RCA for opportunity fields before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Sync delays into RCA?

One "invisible" object that can take very long to sync is accounts. I write invisible because you cannot really see them nor count them in Marketo, but they still sync, usually before leads and contacts.

Another one is campaign members.

We had an history of 4 millions accounts to be sync'ed. That took a week. We ended up setting a sync filter on accounts as well.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I suspect you had a giant amount of data that is syncing from SFDC to Marketo and that Marketo is only passing that update to RCE nightly for what it has. You can ask Support to check your sync pipe and the RCE updates to see if it's more than that.

If your database is very large, expect delays like this.

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Thanks Josh. I opened a ticket with support a few days ago so hoping to hear back soon.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

One "invisible" object that can take very long to sync is accounts. I write invisible because you cannot really see them nor count them in Marketo, but they still sync, usually before leads and contacts.

Another one is campaign members.

We had an history of 4 millions accounts to be sync'ed. That took a week. We ended up setting a sync filter on accounts as well.

-Greg

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Thanks Gregoire. Looks like after 2 weeks, we finally have reports that have fully synced to from Salesforce into Marketo. Support also didn't seem aware of these delays. Good to know for the future.