Re: Susbscription lists

LuanaMusca
Level 1

Susbscription lists

Hello,

i would like to understand why the subscription list of the newsletters have less audience from one issue to another.

I send some newsletters monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly and it happened that from 1 enews to another one the audience is much more less, even 15K less.

I haven't understood why or to what this could be related.

Any idea?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

There could be many things at play here, some are listed below - 

• Did you send all the issues (i.e., monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly) to a comparable audience size?
  • You should check the delievrability and engagements for all the issues, are they comparable or do they vary vastly?
  • Are content/layout of email of the all newsletter issues similar? Audience may find the one type of content more engaging than the other.
  • Lastly, statisitcally the best frequency for newsletters are no more than twice a week and at least once a month.

LuanaMusca
Level 1

Hello @Darshil_Shah1 ,

thanks for your prompt reply.

I compare the same topic newsletters, with the same audience, with the same template, the content of course is different.

The issue is that adding the same smart list for the newsletter sent for example in May and the one sent in June the first one has been sent to 63K the second one to 49K people. 

I don't find 14k unsubscribed people between May and June.

So my question is why have these 14k users disappeared? 

Luana

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Ahh thank you for the additional details - I got what you're looking for now!

I think you should find out the following, out of the 14k people - 

• How many are still in the DB?
  • How many are still marketable? It could have been the case where some of these people may have become un-marketable b/w may and june! You should check whether the following fields turned to True from false in b/w the dates when you sent the May and the June newlsetters:
    • Marketing Suspended
    • Block Listed
    • Email Invalid
    • Unsubscribed (I guess you've already checked this)
  • How many records were updated such that they did not qualify for the June month's newsletter send during the past month rendering a chunk of people who received the may newsletter issue not eligible to flow through the campaign in June?
  • How many had reached the weekly/monthly email communication limits? (Assuming the newsletter email was configured as the normal marketing email, which in almost all the cases should have been!)