Re: Success for MT attribution

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Success for MT attribution

Does a lead need to have a Success in a program for it to show up in MT attribution? I was under the impression that you needed to either be the acquisition program or have success in that program for it to get MT pipeline. Is this correct?

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes this is correct, the lead must have a success before the Opp Close to have the Program get credit.

Acquisition can also be a FT or MT credit, but only the acquisition Program gets full FT credit.

Josh_Hill13

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Thanks for the quick response! The reason I was asking is that Marketo Support is telling me there are other reasons for a lead to receive MT Pipeline and I didn't think that was correct. Marketo's UI has been showing hundreds of duplicate opportunities in our instance and I'm trying to show them that it's messing up all of our attribution numbers .

Josh_Hill13

Well, are there duplicate Opps in SFDC or is Marketo actually picking up dupe opps?

The thing is that ONE Opp can display in multiple Programs with MT attribution, so you will see "duplicates" if you run the PO report by Program and Opp Name with MT numbers.

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

There are no duplicate opps in our CRM so Marketo is showing duplicates in the opportunity object view instead of updating the existing ones. They have confirmed it's an issue on their end (and have confirmed the duplicates are affecting MT as of Tuesday) so I'm hoping they will have a fix soon.