Re: Subsequent activities association with custom object added activity

Karolis_M
Level 1

Subsequent activities association with custom object added activity

Hello community, long story short.

Our ultimate goal is to link each email status with exact "custom object added" activity.

Let me explain in more details our setup:

• We have custom object with details (tokens) required for email template;
  • Then we have smart campaign to send an email. It is triggered by adding this custom object;
  • #1 and #2 works very well and email is sent to lead. Our problem happens with subsequent "activities". Let me illustrate:

pastedImage_2.png

# 400942451 is activity caused by custom object added to lead;

# 400942490 and 400942728 are subsequent activities with reference to campaign. But what I'm looking for is exact reference to source of activity triggered it.

Are we missing something in our setup in order to accomplish this?

Any responses are highly appreciated, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What are you trying to do with this information? Where do you want it to be surfaced?

The trigger token {{Trigger.Name}} will give you meta-information about the reason a trigger campaign fired. The trigger object {{TriggerObject}} can be used in a Velocity script to extract the Custom Object record that triggered a send.

Karolis_M
Level 1

Thank you for a reply Stanford! This information is required for delivery dashboard we are building in house. We are pulling all activities from API and trying to make sense of it in simple interface. Will be looking into {{TriggerObject}} as per your recommendation it looks what we need included in the subsequent activity records.

Karolis_M
Level 1

> The trigger token {{Trigger.Name}} will give you meta-information about the reason a trigger campaign fired.

I'm able to pull that metadata into "Interesting moment" type of "Activity". This Interesting moment also registers Triggering Activity Log ID but it provides its own relation, it does not help us to track exact "Added Custom Object" event with sent email and subsequent delivery statuses.

Any other clues how to relate all "Email status" type "Activities" with exact "Added custom object" event which triggered a send?