Re: Subscription Preference Center - Email

MERGE_User_Admi
Level 1

Subscription Preference Center - Email

I am asked to create a preference page to unsubscribe from a particular newsletter.  I created the form to include the email field and the specified newsletter that they would be removed from. I do not want them unsubscribed from future emails from the system not related to the newsletter. How do I do that? Do I place the embed code in the email to have them directed to be removed? HELP

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I do not want them unsubscribed from future emails from the system not related to the newsletter

This is quite rare that a user has ability to unsubscribe from a individual category of newsletter (Normally we have a global unsubscribe which when opted for will unsubscribe the user from all kind of non-operational emails.) But if you wish to have a unsubscribe form for a particular category of the newsletter then you can create a smart list and select criteria a filled out form - <unsubsribe form> and use "member not smart list" lead not in <smart list> filter in the campaign that sends the newsletter to filter out the unsubscribed leads.

- Also if you have different sets/categories of newsletter, you can have a single unsubscribe form and have one more select field in the form (along with the email address field) through which lead can select from which category of newsletter does the user wants to unsubscribe from. And also you can use this select value as one more filter (along with filled out form) to create individual smart lists of people who have  unsubscribed from each category of newsletter. Let us know if you need more help setting this up.

Do I place the embed code in the email to have them directed to be removed? HELP

You can put up this form on a separate LP and link this LP in the unsubscribe link at the bottom of email. Hope this helps 🙂

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is quite rare that a user has ability to unsubscribe from a individual category of newsletter 

Not rare at all, that's the very definition of a Subscription Preference Center!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Sure noted, Thanks @SanfordWhiteman !