SOLVED

Subscription Form Selection

Go to solution
Evelina_F
Level 2

Subscription Form Selection

Hi, I am building a subscription form with an Unsubscribe from All option with a reasons drop-down menu. For example: :
• Too many emails
• ​Content is no longer relevant
• Privacy concerns
• ​Other (Fill in reason below)

I want to add a text box for the "other" option so that the reason can be captured. How can I accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Subscription Form Selection

You don’t actually need a 2nd field. Many years ago I showed how to use a single field while still letting the person input a custom value. Search the Nation for “Adding an “Other” option to Marketo forms without adding db fields”.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Simple. Set up the visibility rule on the "Other Reason" text field so that it is shown only when the visitor selects Other as an option in the "Unsubscribe Reason" dropdown.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1684435875175.png

Evelina_F
Level 2

Hi Darshil,

I want to add a text field so that when the "other" reason for unsubscribing is selected the person can type in the reason, and we can record it.  For example: After selecting " other, " I want a text box to appear so the person can type in the reason. Do you know if there's a way for me to do this? Will a new field need to be created? Thank you 

Evelina_F_0-1684517715788.png

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Yes, if you already don't have a field for it to store the data, then you'd need to create it. Before creating it make sure you discuss with your stakeholder/team whether this field should be Marketo only, synced SFDC custom field, or SFDC custom field mapped with a Marketo field? Once you have this field created, add it to the form, and set the visibility rule on it so it shows when the Unsubscribed Reason drop-down equals "Other" (as per the snapshot I've shared in my previous comment).

KirstenOSteen
Level 1

Hi Evelina, 

Darshil's solution will definitely achieve what you're looking to do, but I would also consider - what's the intent behind this approach? How will you be using the responses collected from the new field you create for "Other Reason"? I'm always hesitant to introduce new fields into a Marketo instance unless it is absolutely necessary. If you think that you definitely need to give subscribers a space to type out why they're unsubscribing, that's not covered in the options you already have, then go ahead and make a new field and use that approach. But I would argue that perhaps this scenario doesn't warrant needing a field created, and you can come to the same business decisions about why people are opting out with drop-down options. An unsubscribe process should be as simple as possible, and I'd be surprised if many people actually utilized that field to write out a response when unsubscribing. 

Kirsten O'Steen
Campaign Operations Consultant | Etumos

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don’t actually need a 2nd field. Many years ago I showed how to use a single field while still letting the person input a custom value. Search the Nation for “Adding an “Other” option to Marketo forms without adding db fields”.